6. A lighthearted rom-com starring Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore is the last thing you'd expect to mirror real life, but this comedy was in fact partially based on a true story. Sandler plays a veterinarian who falls in love with Barrymore, an amnesiac whose memory resets at the beginning of each day. He learns that Barrymore has replayed the same day over and over again since a car crash left her with a traumatic brain injury. Upset by the lie she has been living, Sandler's character makes a series of videos that explain her accident and her life for her to watch each morning.
5. 9) Well Done: It’s a cliché, no doubt. Sometimes, it isn’t enough just to say thanks. People want to know what they did was great and why. They pour so much sweat and soul into their projects.They need to know their work was special and had meaning to someone.
6. She suffered anorexia while in an abusive relationship after she arrived in Los Angeles.
1. Of course your office space should be organized and personalized, but it won’t be re-energized without you, the worker. Simple office exercises and stretches will help you keep up the pace for a long (yet productive) workday ahead.
2. A best film nomination looks certain. Darkest Hour's Gary Oldman is the favorite for best actor, but if anyone can beat him it's probably Chalamet.
4. Whatever the underlying cause, last year’s extreme warmth in the West meant that Alaska, Arizona, California and Nevada all set temperature records. Some parts of California essentially had no winter last year, with temperatures sometimes running 10 to 15 degrees above normal for the season. The temperature in Anchorage, Alaska’s largest city, never fell below zero in 2014, the first time that has happened in 101 years of record-keeping for the city.
1. Also on the first floor is a library with dark paneling, as well as a fireplace. The kitchen is outfitted with granite countertops, tile surrounds, stainless-steel appliances and a checkered floor. French doors open to a patio.
2. n. 范围，行列，射程，山脉，一系列
3. The secretive billionaire who launched a hostile takeover bid for China’s largest property developer has emerged as one of the country’s richest people, illustrating how leveraged financial investments are propelling huge increases in private wealth.
4. Britney Spears continued her fall in the standings, after being knocked down from number 1 to number 5 in 2009, only to land at number 10 in 2010 as rising stars such as Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber become more prominent.
5. Such insights are of particular interest to litigation funders, who back claimants in return for a cut of damages and who try to assess the likely outcomes of disputes before committing their money. But that may have to be 2019’s breakthrough, or probably beyond.
6. Tencent, with an estimated value of $44.7 billion, was crowned this year's Most Valuable Chinese brand on a list released by the Hurun Institute on Thursday, marking the second time in a row it came up on top.
1. 其他入围者分别是：《失去信号：黑莓离奇崛起与惊人陨落背后不为人知的故事》(Losing the Signal: The Untold Story Behind the Extraordinary Rise and Spectacular Fall of Blackberry)，作者杰基麦克尼什(Jacquie Mcnish)和肖恩缠尔科夫(Sean Silcoff)回顾了黑莓是怎样偏离了航向；《数字黄金：比特币背后不为人知的故事》(Digital Gold: The Untold Story of Bitcoin)，作者纳塔涅尔波佩尔(Nathaniel Popper)审视了虚拟货币比特币的崛起；《音乐如何变免费：一整代人犯下同样罪行的后果》(How Music Got Free: What Happens When an Entire Generation Commits the Same Crime?)，作者斯蒂芬威特(Stephen Witt)介绍了盗版和对等网络共享(P2P)扰乱唱片业的历史；《做不完的事：女人、男人、工作、家庭》(Un滻椀猀栀攀搀 Business: Women Men Work Family)，作者安妮-玛丽斯劳特(Anne-Marie Slaughter)在书中讨论了实现性别平衡面临的挑战，以及《行为不端：解读行为经济学》(Misbehaving: The Making of Behavioural Economics)，作者理查德泰勒(Richard Thaler)追踪了行为经济学的发展。
2. WHAT: A house with three bedrooms, two full bathrooms and two half-bathrooms
3. Following the devaluation in mid-August, the renminbi rallied in September and October. Devaluation resumed in November, however, and the renminbi closed at its weakest level in three months at 6.4082 to the dollar yesterday. “Since October many countries around China have experienced some capital outflow, and China has had its share,” said Xie Yaxuan, an economist at China Merchants Securities in Shenzhen. “The strengthening dollar is bound to cause some repositioning into dollar assets.”
While falling prices for oil and other inputs have supported profit margins, the positive impact has been outweighed by falling prices for finished goods, He Ping, a statistician at the bureau’s industrial department, said in a statement accompanying the data.
'If that happens, that will need to be offset by some reduction of production out of Saudi [Arabia],' said Neil Gregson, a fund manager at J.P. Morgan Asset Management who oversees $3.5 billion in natural-resources investments.
When it’s time to buy a new car, you have 36 brands to choose from. Each automotive brand has something to offer, but not every brand is right for every buyer. Some brands excel at making performance cars, others focus on making family-friendly crossovers or specialize in luxury cars.