4. 2. Staying too long in a job that you want to leave
6. 格温妮丝·帕特罗（Gwyneth Paltrow）曾出演《莎翁情史》（Shakespeare in Love）获最佳女主角奖，并成为好莱坞明星。为了避免在发表获奖感言时出现混乱，她却把小金人藏了起来，因为“这东西吓坏我了”。
1. But the demagogue’s exploitation of such grievances threatens democracy.
3. But the temperature of 1998 is now being surpassed every four or five years, and 2014 was the first time that happened without a significant El Ni?o. Gavin A. Schmidt, head of NASA’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies in Manhattan, said the next strong El Ni?o would probably rout all temperature records.
5. So what forces will shape the questions asked next year? It depends on who (and where) you are. While buyers should brace for another year of high-stakes bidding wars, residents of the city’s far-flung neighborhoods (I’m talking about you, Grand Concourse) should be ready for an onslaught of prospective residents seeking bargains — bargains, that is, relative to the gilded ZIP codes that are out of the reach of most mortals.
6. NBS senior statistician Sheng Guoqing attributed the slowdown mainly due to a 1.4-percent decline in food prices, which were down for the first time in 15 years.
3. Everyone was hugely cheered that global greenhouse gas emissions were flat between 2014 and 2016, even though recorded global growth was OK. The trouble is that this wasn’t the improvement in global economic efficiency everyone celebrated, but just a slowdown in northern China. As this part of the world recovered its economic mojo in 2017, carbon dioxide levels began to rise again.
1. 索尼（Sony）宣布，其游戏主机Playstation 4s已经在全球售出超过1,000万台，这预示着对玩家客厅的争夺战今年将继续上演。为了维持增长态势，索尼在展会上发布了一系列独家游戏，包括Ninja Theory开发的动作游戏《地狱之刃》（Hellblade），《雷曼》（Rayman）制作商Michel Ancel开发的开放世界式冒险游戏《荒野》（Wild），Housemarque开发的射击类游戏《异化》（Alienation）以及Q版游戏《明日之子》（The Tomorrow Children）。微软则发布了由Square Enix和Crystal Dynamics制作的《古墓丽影：崛起》（Rise of the Tomb Raider），这是劳拉o克罗夫系列重新启动后的第二部作品，将在2015年于Xbox平台独家发布。Xbox在2015年还有另外一款游戏大作的续集《光晕5：守护者》（Halo 5: Guardians）。
2. What’s more, in recognition of their working on the bizarre properties of matter in extreme states and taking their research all the way down to an atomic scale, the Nobel Prize for physics was awarded to three British-born scientists who currently work in the US.