1. Between 2015 and 2016, the US market grew by 20 per cent, while the Asian market increased by just 10 per cent. There are two ways to look at the relatively modest size of the Asian ETF market compared with both the US and Europe — which is twice as big as Asia, with $716bn in ETF assets — say analysts.
2. Even if Gibson turns out to be a rental and leaves as a free agent this summer, the Thunder will likely feel good about these trade terms.
3. Successful entrepreneurs often worked for others in their field of choice before striking out on their own. Spending a few years in the industry under an excellent mentor will provide a good launching pad. Learn from your predecessors’ mistakes and brainstorm about how to improve upon their model. Find someone willing to teach, and think about starting your business elsewhere when you leave.
1. o Tesla is a car for rich people. With an average price of $85,000, it is safe to say that few Tesla owners are buying one to save money on fuel, and the car’s range limitations mean that a Tesla is never the only car in an owner’s garage. At some point, these same people will stop viewing Tesla as the flavor of the month, its order backlog will shrink, and Tesla will have to scrap for sales like other manufacturers.
3. The number of students who will study abroad after graduation has also seen a drop, down from 4.8 percent last year to 3.4 percent.
4. Sandy has caused large-scale damage, with more possibly to come.
5. In a rigorous analysis of Dutch financial records, Koudijs and Voth conclude that the only real difference between the pessimists and the optimists was whether they had gone through a harrowing personal experience. Koudijs compares it to the behavior of people who lived through the Great Depression, and who avoided financial risk for decades after trauma had passed.
2. "Micro blogs and other new media give everyone a speaking platform. If you cannot face the criticism and cooperate with the public, you cannot work well." ZHAO BAIGE, NPC deputy and executive vice-president of the Red Cross Society of China
4. 白人焦虑推动了今年的西方政治动荡：英国令人震惊地投票决定退出欧盟，美国的唐纳德?J?特朗普(Donald J. Trump)出人意料地获得了共和党的总统提名，挪威、匈牙利、奥地利和希腊的右翼民族主义崛起。
6. Based on the children's books that goes by the same name, this movie follows the adventures of Mowgli through the Jungle as he tries to discover himself. He comes across several creatures in the Jungle, played by various actors, who make his journey difficult.
1. Thank you to Aicha Nezzar for sharing this gem on the Facebook Group- Global English Forum.
2. "Moreover, most Chinese families only have one child, so many of us return to China because we want to stay close to our family and friends," said a student surnamed Su, who gave up his job in the UK and returned to take care of his mother in China.
3. 但是，那些宣称不大可能会消失。阿拉巴马州大学亨茨维尔校区的大气科学家约翰·R·克里斯蒂(John R. Christy)以怀疑全球变暖的严重性而知名，他在一次采访中指出，2014年的记录只比以前年度的创纪录温度高出百分之几度，完全是在全球温度测量值的误差范围之内。克里斯蒂说，“自20世纪末，气温并没有太多变化，一直处于较暖的稳定水平。”
Accepting the award, he enthused: 'First off, I want to start off by saying that I'm not really sure how I got this because I've had my album out a few years, but I've got one coming,' before thanking his fans and MTV. Elsewhere, Kendrick Lamar was presented with Best Video, though the rapper was unable to attend the event, instead thanking fans via a video link.
Like any college kid, Evan Wray loved using the tiny pictograms known as emoji. But he hated that there was no emoji to express his Fighting Irish pride with fellow University of Notre Dame students. So, alongside co-founder Sean O’Brien, he built a modest business on that disconnect. TextPride, as it was called, licensed images from brands in the sports and entertainment world and sold them as sticker packs. Within a messaging app like Kik, users could buy a packet of stickers for Disney’s Frozen for $1.99, for example.
The number of candidates for the 2016 national civil service exam has surpassed last year's numbers, with more than 132,000 applicants on Tuesday－the most in a single day－deemed qualified for the exam.