1. She emotes with some of Pink's husky attitude and some of Sia's theatrical so-over-it-ness, but she's a warmer singer than either, whether shrugging off a lover on the self-explanatory "IDGAF" or matching Miguel's intensity on the steamy "Lost in Your Light."
3. A shortage of qualified supply chain managers right now, especially in global companies that must coordinate far-flung operations, can be traced to two factors.
4. A median forecast from economists had predicted a 0.9 per cent rise.
5. 3. The government bothlocal and national will invest in more technology-driven sectors, includingadvanced agriculture, transportation, medicine and other sectors. Thisinitiative will be aimed squarely at improving China’s productivity andmanufacturing competitiveness. There will be a national effort aimed atachieving quality, first-time yield and ensuring “productivity driven” globalcompetitiveness.
1. Perhaps it will not catch on in the cut-throat world of Wall Street. Some may see an extended absence as an admission that their jobs are expendable, and that colleagues can survive — and perhaps thrive — without them.
4. Skyfall Bond girl Berenice Marlohe has joined the all-star cast of Terrence Malick’s latest movie, which is in production in Austin.
5. According to file-sharing news site TorrentFreak, "Game of Thrones" has an estimated 5.9 million downloads per single episode. That number does not include online streaming and cyberlocker downloads, which would make the figure significantly higher. By contrast, "Game of Thrones" has an estimated 5.5 million TV viewers per single episode。
5. In one example, Christie’s was offering the mid-18th-century canvas “Rebecca and Eliezer at the Well” by the Venetian artist Francesco Fontebasso at a low estimate of 120,000. The pleasant piece of rococo decoration had been bought at auction in 1990 for $286,000, according to Artnet. At the Dec. 8 sale it fell to a single telephone bid of 115,000, about $170,000, before fees. Investors do not expect to incur a loss of about 40 percent a quarter century after buying a Warhol or a Basquiat. Reselling an old master can be even harder when that painting has been languishing in a dealer’s gallery.
6. n. 代表，副手
1. In the month since her death, police have not said whether she accidentally pulled the trigger or was shot by someone else in the room.
2. China's producer price index deflated by 3.3 per cent in annual terms last month, the most since September 2009. Prices in the mining sector were down 13.2 per cent, while raw materials prices fell 6.4 per cent.
3. In August, the holdings were to the tune of $80.4 billion while it stood at $79.7 billion in July.